Empire Comfort Systems 48" Boulevard Direct Vent Linear Contemporary Gas Fireplace - DVLL48BP92N
A Direct-Vent system uses two vent pipes. One draws air in from outdoors to support combustion. The other exhausts the by-products of combustion to the outside. The two vent pipes may be concentric (exhaust pipe within a larger diameter intake pipe) or co-linear (separate pipes of about the same size).
Combustion takes place inside a sealed chamber – with a glass front in the case of a fireplace. Room air circulates around the combustion chamber, often assisted by a blower, to heat the room.
A DV system is often installed along an outside wall to simplify the vent run, but can also be installed elsewhere in the home and vented through the roof.
BOULEVARD LINEAR DIRECT-VENT FIREPLACES
- These larger-than-life fireplaces deliver all the ambiance and warmth you need for large spaces.
- Choose the Boulevard 48 (38,000 BTUs Nat and 34,000 BTUs Propane) or the Boulevard 60 (46,000 BTUs Nat and 42,500 BTUs Propane).
- Tailor your Boulevard to suit your taste, starting with an elegant porcelain black liner that goes well with any décor.
- Or opt for an industrial-chic look with the Ridgeback liner – a one-piece corrugated metal liner finished in distressed bronze.
- A liner is required for the 60-inch, and optional for the 48-inch (the 48-inch comes standard with a Matte Black liner).
- Acres of crushed glass cover the fireplace floor (available in a variety of colors), while the variable lighting (built-in on the 60-inch, and an option for the 48-inch) lets you set the perfect mood – whether the fireplace is burning or not.
- Choose our new Copper Reflective or Bronze Reflective crushed glass – or our existing Clear Frost.
- These translucent shades of crushed glass allow the under-floor white light system to shine through, but you can accent with other glass colors including our drops and droplets.
- The available Rustic Log Set includes a unique assortment of ceramic fiber logs and stones, plus coiled slivers of stainless steel that react to the light and flames to bring your fireplace to life.
- Available in 36", 41", 48", 60" and 72" sizes.
- Includes Multi-Function Remote
- Barrier Screen
- Matte Black Liner Included
- Ceramic Glass
- Requires + 5-lbs of media, sold separately
- Optional Blower and Light Kit Available
- Direct Vent Multi-Function Remote Control with Variable Thermostat Remote Control
- 13 x 48 Viewing, 5x8 Venting
- Good efficiency – 60 to 80%
- Good heat output with thermal transfer through the glass and air circulation
- Separates room air from the combustion air
- May be used as a primary heat source
- Can operate with a remote or thermostat
- Most systems can provide live-saving heat during a winter power outage
- Multi-Function Remote to control burner, optional accent lighting, and optional blower
- Ceramic Glass and Barrier Screen
- Noncombustible Board for top/sides
- Matte Black Liner (optional liner available)
- Decorative Crushed Glass (5 box required, additional decorative media may be added to cover fireplace floor)
- Decorative Front with Fireplace Barrier Screen
Note: Rocks/Pebbles not allowed on burner screen