Arteflame Kamado Style Solid Plancha Griddle Inserts
Now you can achieve steakhouse quality steaks at home with the addition of an Arteflame insert that fits your Green Egg / Kamado.
Once you swap your old grate out for the Arteflame plancha/griddle insert you are on your way to grilling your meats the same way they do at top steakhouse restaurants.
The plancha gives the perfect sear while not overcooking the inside of your steak. While the steak is sizzling in its own juices, it naturally picks up the great smokey flavor from the live fire.
The juices from traditional grill grates drip down into the fire along with the flavor. Live wood fire seasons the meat naturally, with a taste you cannot achieve any other way.
Most importantly, the plancha griddle gets super hot, which is the key to sealing in great taste and flavor. Nothing will ever compare to this formula. That is why the top restaurant steakhouse steaks taste so great.
These three key factors are crucial towards getting you the steakhouse quality steaks you can now grill in your own backyard.
Made in the USA, Arteflame inserts are exceptional for grilling seafood, burgers, veggies and more for the same key reasons above.
The Arteflame Big Green Egg inserts include three 3" risers in the 18" and 24” sizes. These risers clip onto the outer edge of the insert and raise it so that the plancha sits just below the felt gasket of your egg.
This makes it very convenient to grill without having to reach into the grill.
The Arteflame insert for the Kamado versions have locating holes so they can be used on top of the flexible cooking rack.
Note: When your grill arrives, the cooktop will be silver (unseasoned). It will develop the dark color shown in the images once it has been seasoned and used several times. Here is the guide to seasoning your cooking surface (instructions will also be included with your delivered product.
UNPARALLELED QUALITY WITH ATTENTION TO DETAIL:
- Arteflame only uses certified steel. This steel is cleaned, rinsed, and scale-free. This is a crucial distinction between less expensive cooktop surfaces that are unsafe for cooking, and materials that can make you ill, deteriorate quickly, or chip and break.
- When steel is made, an oxide layer referred to as “scale” appears. This is due to the scaly nature of its appearance that develops on the surface of the steel. This scale contains all the impurities in the steel that come to the surface when the steel cools. Arteflame uses an extensive cleaning process that removes any scale and all other impurities before we even start manufacturing. This results in the smooth, clean Arteflame insert surface you see and grill on.
- Arteflame steel then gets precision cut on expensive laser machines, wiped clean and oiled. This insures every Arteflame insert will have a smooth, food grade surface where no food particles can lodge and hide.
- This step, while more expensive, ensures a top quality product that is immediately ready for cooking and also guaranteed to be food grade safe.
Carbon Steel vs Cast Iron
- Carbon Steel and Cast Iron are very similar. This is why both are very good for cooking and grilling. The main difference is that Carbon Steel contains about 1% Carbon while Cast Iron contains 2% - 3% Carbon. This difference might not sound like much but the carbon effects the grain structure of the metal.
- When Cast Iron is heated unevenly, the heat differential causes stress in the metal as the thermal expansion is uneven. When this stress encounters a pocket of carbon, Cast Iron cracks. This is also why Cast Iron often breaks when it is dropped. The area of high carbon is extremely brittle and can’t stand the shock.
- In a grill, the heat is never uniform. This makes cast Iron an especially poor choice for grill inserts. For this reason, all Arteflame cooktops, inserts, griddles and Burger Pucks are made of only Carbon Steel.
- Center Grill Grate INCLUDED (except for solid plancha models)
- Select Inserts have locating holes to accommodate manufacturer's accessories
- 18" and 24" Green Egg Style inserts include 3" spacers to elevate the insert
- Various Grill Grate Replacement Insert Sizes Available for a Perfect Fit
- Use with wood or charcoal
- Precision laser cut from solid US steel for ready to use food-grade finish
- Virtually maintenance-free: 60 second clean up
- Cooktop seasons with use
- Made in USA, guaranteed not to break or crack
- *Grill NOT INCLUDED* with purchase
- Arteflame is not Affiliated in any way with Kamado or The Big Green Egg Company